A Day in the Life of an Intern at the Rep

Seattle Repertory Theatre Interns Blog

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I’M ON FIRE!!!!



Well this week in SM is going pretty well. We’re busy, busy, busy. I am working on Fire on the Mountain right now, which happens to be my final show at the Rep. It’s pretty exciting to be almost done here but it is also incredibly sad as I will miss this place a lot. Not that I am going very far. I am going just across the street to the Intiman Theatre to be the ASM on Skin of Our Teeth and A Prayer for my Enemy. I will be working with Lisa Chernoff, who was the Stage Manager for Memory House which was the show I completed before beginning Fire on the Mountain. It’s very exciting to know that I now have employment for the summer where I will be receiving a nice paycheck :).



As for the show…it’s always good to sit through because the music is always entertaining and the audience just LOVES it. The other thing that is exciting about the show is that you never know what’s going to happen, sometimes people forget words and other times their mics go down. It’s always a little bit of a gamble and the show is never the same two days in a row.



Sarah & Deb (my partners in crime) are also extremely busy. Sarah is working on My Name is Rachel Corrie. They began tech on Sunday and they have their first invited performance this evening. Deb is in the midst of rehearsals for Gem of the Ocean. This is their second week of rehearsals and they are doing wonderfully (I think).



There are always weeks in stage management when you are ready to pull your hair out but I think that this week, although stressful for some, has been a good week for us. I believe that we have all achieved something this week that we have been incredibly proud of. For Deb, I think the fact (and correct me if I am wrong Deb) that she has taken on such an immense project with being in charge of millions of props in Gem. And Sarah who has is right in the middle of teching a very emotional and complex play. And then for me, beginning the second week of the Fire run and preparing to move on to my first show as a professional stage manager. We all know that when life gets crazy and stressful, it’s the weeks when you feel great about what you have done that really count.

Tammy Batiste
SM Intern

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home