A Day in the Life of an Intern at the Rep

Seattle Repertory Theatre Interns Blog

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Communicating with the Angry

I was just given the assignment of typing up a letter to an irate rabbi who had disagreed with some aspect or another of our production of My Name is Rachel Corrie. It was a fun break in my day to be able to see what the big wigs are doing about the controversy.

It was fun to go looking for the Artistic Director, David Esbjornson, who had wandered off in “that direction” but not officially engaged in any meetings at present. I found him in the hallway talking with Fran (our Fearless Leader) about going to the gym. Life is so lovely and ordinary sometimes, I love it! But I was actually hunting him down to approve and sign the aforementioned letter which is trying to keep a potentially volatile situation under control.

As he was reading it over, Ben Moore (Managing Director) walked by and said “Are we meeting in hallways now?” and I got to watch these two great leaders of the organization read over the letter and sign off. It was fun to be in the thick of things just for a moment, even if I was just the typist and courier.

That’s all from Communications right now. I’m off to the company meeting! We might have a season for next year. Shh!!!

Winnie
Communications

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home