A Day in the Life of an Intern at the Rep

Seattle Repertory Theatre Interns Blog

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The props intern is where?

Today, I am working with the education department. Now, I know that’s a little odd since I am the props intern, but I decided a few weeks ago that I wanted to explore some of the other departments in the theatre and so it was set up where I can do that. Handy dandy. The shop is off this week for vacation time and so it was the perfect opportunity for me to come in and shadow education. Yesterday I went to two high schools to watch the teaching artists work. It is such an exciting thing to watch. They are so full of energy and they really get the kids excited about the projects. The class at Roosevelt High School was learning about playwriting and I was able to listen to two of the plays they had created. It was so impressive. Their work was interesting and well put together. It just shows how much creative potential kids have.
Also, this morning I had a meeting with the literary department head. I was interested in the work they do and wanted to get involved. So, now I’m part of the reading team. I was sent off with five scripts and a form for filling out evaluations. I am so excited. I am just interested in so many aspects of the theatrical process. I’m glad that they are so understanding here that they let me experiment with my talents beyond just props.
As a side note, the SRO gave us our food boxes the Friday before Thanksgiving and it was awesome. I now have so much stuff in my cabinets that it is insane. I have more graham crackers than I will ever need and it is exciting.
Thats all folks.

Katie Cox
Props intern

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home