A Day in the Life of an Intern at the Rep

Seattle Repertory Theatre Interns Blog

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

One free minute

So the idea of this thing was presented to us as a way for people (perspective interns perhaps) to get a glimpse into what it really is like to be an intern here at the Rep. As you have read, this blog has very few entries thus far. That would be because we are friggin busy. Actually, we have been busy for the past month or so opening two shows back-to-back in our two theatres. But now that those shows are running smoothly, we can breathe a little and maybe even throw you a blog or two.
Here in Production, we are looking ahead to next year already. While shows haven't been decided on yet, the size of the show, and thusly the size of the budget, are being hashed out. Deadlines are also being looked at. Some stuff happened this year with deadlines and a hefty price was paid - literally. Suffice it to say DESIGNERS MEET YOUR DEADLINES. That's all I'm gonna say on that.
In other news, some of us interns that aren't going home for Thanksgiving are getting together for our own Friendsgiving. Just think, food, drinks, no parents or other relatives to annoy us with questions like "You want to do WHAT with your career?" or "So what are you gonna do after your internship?". Let me tell you right now, the answer is we'll let you know when we figure it out for ourselves. We went grocery shopping this weekend to supplement the food we got in our intern food boxes and we are going to cook up a feast on Thursday. There may or may not be pictures...

Alright, back to work.

-Christine Rouleau, Production

1 Comments:

At Friday, December 22, 2006 2:06:00 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

I know this message will most likely be written in vain, giving how close it is to Christmas and how busy you all are, but I thought I'd try.
This sounds so amazing! I'll be graduating soon (BA-Arts Administration), and the idea of doing what you girls are makes me drool (for lack of a nicer sounding metaphor)!
Needless to say, your blog completely fulfilled its purpose-I totally want your job!
But exclamation points aside, I have so many questions-that I'm sure you have no time to answer. But I'll post one in hopes that it might get an answer-how did you apply? Was it difficult? How did the process go?
Ok, so that's really more like three questions, but you get the idea.
I'd love any info you could give me, if not, no big deal-I know you've got to be running crazy. So if nothing else, I wish all of you the best and good luck with the rest of the season!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home